Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Personal Battle with Hypertension

Hi Everyone...

I'm back but before I get into it I have a quote...or 2

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin

So if you have not gotten an email or text from my girlfriend Natalie in the last few days..let me bring you up to speed.

Last week I had a really bad scare...the things I preach about the most eating right, exercising and taking care of yourself came back to bite me.

Hypertension is the term used to describe high blood pressure.
Most of the time, there are no symptoms. Symptoms that may occur include:
Chest pain
Confusion
Ear noise or buzzing
Irregular heartbeat
Nosebleed
Tiredness
Vision changes
I had all of them! and ended up in a Hospital bed for almost 10 Days..they kept me in mostly because I refuse to take drugs..

There are many different medicines that can be used to treat high blood pressure, including:
Alpha blockers
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs)
Beta-blockers
Calcium channel blockers
Central alpha agonists
Diuretics
Renin inhibitors, including aliskiren (Tekturna)
Vasodilators
A big buffet of meds IS NOT what I wanted...So simple to manage..my stress level was SUPER high..my eating caught up to me..and I got a BIG scare..

Well my blood pressure is back to normal and I'm cleared..I have a check up tomorrow..and will be BOOTCAMP ready by Monday!

So all classes are ON...I will send homework between now and then...Do it because I'm coming back with a vengance..and you don't want to get stuck

We will have make up days for the 6 sessions missed..I promise

Also with the New website I will try to consolidate all my emails so you don;t get so many of them..but honestly sometimes i send them 2 or 3 times because people say they didnt get them..or it goes to your junk folder and I want to make sure you dont miss out.

Thank you to everyone for the Emails and Texts..and Thank you for being understanding

--
Rafael Moret,CSCS, NASM-Cpt
http://www.i-bootcamp.com
http://www.Results4Sure.com

No comments: