Hello and Happy Friday!!
Today we have Freestyle Friday workouts at 5pm and 6pm
Tomorrow we have Saturday morning workouts at 8am and 9am
Then Sunday at 11am...our Super Soul Sunday Bootcamp
I hope I get to see you all this weekend!!!
7 Tips to Recover from Muscle Soreness
- Active recovery : Go for a leisurely walk for an active rest day to get the lactic acid that has built up around your muscles moving. The WORST thing to do is lie around all day.
- Hydrate: I know you hear this time and time again, but muscles are largely composed of water and rely on hydration to function and recovery. Aim for at least 4 liters per day every day.
- Take the right vitamin supplement: Some how some many of you have a disconnection between the role of vitamins and if you need them....YES YOU DO..it's like going to the gym to lift weights and not lifting weights but you are at the gym...let's go people, you can order here: http://rafaelmoret.kyani.net
- Use BCAAs before and after exercise: Glycogen stores are rapidly depleted during intense weight training sessions causing the liver to synthesize glucose by conversion of L-Alanine( one of the BCAAs). Providing additional BCAAs during times of stress on the body helps to allow protein synthesis to continue and therefore speeds up recovery. Supplementing with 5 grams of BCAAs before and after exercise will assist in muscle recovery.
- Use a foam roller on the sore areas: The stimulus of the roller against the muscles can give a great deep but controlled massage to relive tension. I find this to be especially useful for my lower body- calves, quads, glutes and hip flexors.
- Stretch or do yoga: One of the things you can do if you are sore is hot yoga. Not only does the stretch feel great, but the heat warms up the muscles so they are more limber and can stretch more comfortably and deeply.
- Get a massage: Yes, you should do this