Saturday, February 12, 2011

I burned 1,007 calories just with this (Boot Camp)




Thursday night at Boot camp we kicked it up a notch!



I wanted to push a little more, but I wanted number to back it up.



I was asking for constant feedback from everyone wearing a heart rate monitor.



We had heart rates in the 160,170 and 183 beats per minute..with no treadmills anywhere :-)



Calories burned close to 600 in just 45 minutes



Then



I saw Joel Marion post this on his blog:



Here’s a little-publicized fact:



If you want fast results, you’re going to have to work out HARD. Oops…looks like I just lost 99% of the world as a potential customer.







Nevertheless, it’s a FACT. Effective fat burning workouts are uncomfortable by nature.



Let me ask you this…



When is the last time you felt “uncomfortable” during a workout? I’m talking about “hands-on-your-knees, sucking-wind, sweat-dripping-on-the-gym-floor” uncomfortable? For most people it ain’t recent.



But it’s absolutely necessary.



Why? Because it’s not about how many calories you burn during a workout – it’s about how many calories you burn after.



Classic example: For the last two weeks I’ve been working out with a guy by the name of Dan “The Machine” Long. He doesn’t call himself that, but I do. Why? Because he’s a machine. Pretty self-explanatory.



Well, yesterday Dan put me through a workout that resulted in me burning 647 calories in 45 minutes. Not too shabby. But that’s not where the real magic happened – no, the real magic happened about 20 minutes later when I pulled in to my garage and that same calorie monitor read 1009 calories.



That’s 362 additional calories burned while sitting on my butt driving home – that’s more than most people burn in a 30 minute workout, and I did it while sitting around.



Had I left the calorie monitor on for another hour, it probably would have read somewhere around 1500 calories (nearly TRIPLE the caloric burn of the actual workout).



And I attribute that kind of dramatic “afterburn” directly to the intensity of the workout, and more specifically to a concept that Dan refers to as “kill mode”.



What is kill mode? Well, allow me to define it for you, straight from Results Dictionary:



Kill Mode (‘kil · mōd) noun – a mental shift that occurs approximately half way through a work set in which fatigue is ignored, adrenaline prevails, and all-out max effort fat loss domination begins



Boom!



A practical example:



Let’s say you’re doing a timed set of jump squats for one minute. The first 30 seconds is auto-pilot. The final 30 seconds is when you enter kill mode – you forget about how you’re feeling, you allow adrenaline to take over, and you give it your all. You push. You go harder. You dominate.



That’s kill mode, and it works — bigtime.



Is it uncomfortable? YES. Is it HARD? Absolutely. Does it require mental toughness? You better believe it.







But as I stated at the very beginning of this post, you’re NEVER going to get the results you’re after without truly, genuinely working HARD.



Think about it – are you truly pushing yourself during your workouts? Does each set end with a “kill mode” moment? If not, you’re barely scratching the surface of your fat loss potential!



So here’s what I want you to do:



Leave me a comment and let me know if you are getting the same kind of results or not..



and I will send you a free fat blasting workout

No comments: